The differences in men’s body shapes are more subtle as compared to women, but still there are certain differences. Like women, men’s clothing should also be selected according to their body types. Discussed below are three different types of men’s body types and the preferred clothing styles for them.
Tips for short men
The purpose of the proper selection of short men’s clothing is to make them look taller. There are certain clothes that can make a man look shorter than they actually are. Following guidelines might help you avoid such scenarios:
- Accessories- using different accessories can take the attention away from the short height.
- Small prints- using small prints can make you look larger in size, while big prints make you look larger in width and smaller in height.
- Avoid large ties- large ties and other items emphasis the lack of height.
Clothing for slim and tall men
People who are tall and slim need to choose the types of clothing that does not make them abnormally large. They need something that will make them look fat, and cut down their height. Following things can help a person achieve this look:
- Wear horizontal lines- these make you look wider, while decreasing your height.
- Use bright and multiple colors- sharp colors give every angle of the body proper attention, making it more noticeable.
- Wear tight-fitting dresses- tight dresses with a few creases make you appear bulkier.
- Baggy or loose jeans- these make your lower body look fatter.
Men with a larger built
Men with larger built or who are flabby can look weird if they wear something that makes them look larger. That’s why some care should be taken when choosing men’s clothes for such body types. Following tips should be kept in mind when choosing clothes:
- Lengthwise prints- wearing lengthwise prints will make you look slimmer, as it takes away the width of your body. In addition, if you buy a plain dress then the seams of the thread should also be lengthwise.
- Longer shirts and jackets- the shirts or jackets should be large enough to cover your posture or decrease the height.
- Comfortable fitting-there is a misconception that the clothes should be loose; in reality you should choose the clothing that fits you comfortably.
- Open necks- wearing tight and closed necks make you look slimmer if you already have a slim body.
- Dark tones- when you go shopping make sure that you choose darker tones rather than full bright colors.
- Use belts- they will divide your body and cover up some of the length.
Keeping in mind all these factors, you can easily find what to wear.
Today’s metrosexual, cosmopolitan and fashion forward man would have no qualms in admitting that what is equally important to him as his manly image is being stylish. He wants to be updated with what’s latest in fashion, what’s hot and not. So here’s a chance for the men folk to spice up their wardrobe with the latest trends, colors and style all at once. Read on as we take you on a fashion tour to enlighten you of the top 10 fashion and style tips for men.
- Suit up! Nail the Coat & Tie Look. This gentlemen’s look is perfect for another office day, and coupled with right trousers, crisp shirt with cufflinks, even more perfect for a day full of business meetings.
- The ripped denims with tee look can never go out of fashion. If you’re looking to play around with the look a little bit, wear slippers in funky colors and a square-shaped scarf tied around in style!
- Color is not just meant to be a little something we see splashed around in a woman’s closet. Now men can play with it too. Be it coats, jackets, shirts or pants, go for colors like red, purple, orange, blue, green, yellow etc. But yes, running around the trees looking like a goon is not on the agenda. Match colors properly with classic dark shades!
- Make people notice that whenever you enter a room, you come with a bag. There are several options available in colors, designs, cuts and styles when it comes to men’s bags. Briefcases, duffle bags, laptop bags, sling bags, backpacks… phewww!!! The list is endless.
- A man is known by the shoes he wears. Wear well fitted, polished and good-looking shoes whatever be the occasion. There’s nothing more that suits a man than formal shoes. There are a range of brands that offer formal shoes. Apart from that, there a plethora of options in sports shoes, sneakers, sandals,boots etc.
- A good smelling man is the most attractive man in the world. Every man has his own signature fragrance and make sure you know yours and leave behind a trail of fresh air as you walk into a room.
- Accessorize it right! If a man know how to get his watch, sunglasses, belt, tie, cufflinks, wallet etc. right, then the look is right. Of course you have to know how much is too much. If you want to wear it all at once, you can look stylish only if you mix and match well. So it’s better to keep it understated!
- For the fall season, tie a scarf around and keep away the harsh winds away while you look oh-so-good. Scarves work well for both the casual and formal when tied up and teamed properly. Avoid flashy colors.
- Men’s jewelry has been doing the rounds in the fashion circuit for a while now and refuses to leave. The daring man of today is completely secure of his masculinity, so the occasional earrings, bracelets, rings, chains etc. happens.
- Traditional wear on men looks undoubtedly sexy. Try brands like Fab India, Yell, Earthy Hues and more for that handsome ethnic look.